Thursday, January 24, 2013

Knarley Thursday!



YOUNG LADY, GROWN ASPIRATIONS



-BaKe Knarley with CHRISHANA FANCY

I HAD THE PLEASURE TO SQUEEZE INTO THE BUSY SCHEDULE OF MISS CHRISHANA FANCY OVER AT PEMBERTON TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL IN PEMBERTON, NEW JERSEY. THE PURPOSE WAS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HER AND THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED ANNUAL PEMBERTON TWP HIGH SCHOOL FASHION SHOW.  I ENTERED THE HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIA A FEW MINUTES LATER THAN OUR SCHEDULED TIME, AND GOT A CHANCE  TO SEE SOME BEHIND THE SCENES ACTION OF THE FASHION SHOW DANCE ROUTINES. AT AN INSTANT MOMENT I COULD HEAR A VOICE COMING FROM BEHIND ME AND NOTICED ALL THE OTHER STUDENTS LOOKING PAST ME. AT THAT MOMENT I KNEW THAT CHRISHANA FANCY HAD “ENTERED THE BUILDING!” THIS YOUNG LADY HAS AN AURA OF AN ‘A’ LIST CELEBRITY FROM HOLLYWOOD, BUT IS A MERE 5’3 AND 17 YEARS OF AGE. A WELL (OUTSIDE THE BOX) DRESSED CHRISHANA, LATER STATED, “I JUST CANT DRESS NORMAL.” THAT WAS PROVEN TRUE BY HER BLAZER WITH ZEBRA PRINT PANT COMBINATION. MS. FANCY MAYBE SMALL IN STATURE & YOUNG IN AGE, BUT HAS THE RESPECT FROM HER PEERS NEEDED TO BE A GREAT LEADER. JUST PRIOR TO BOTH OF US SITTING DOWN TO BEGIN THE INTERVIEW CHRISHANA COULDN’T PASS UP THE OPPRTUNITY TO GIVE A FEW LAST DIRECTIVES TO HER FELLOW CLASSMATES, WHO APPEARED TO BE HORSE PLAYING. WE SAT DOWN IN THE BACK OF A VACANT HOME ECONOMICS ROOM AND BEGAN THE INTERVIEW.
Chrishana opened the interview by announcing her name & age, but quickly stated she will be 18 years of age February 15. This young Aquarius seems to believe her zodiac sign “is the best of them all.” As stated by Chrishana in the interview.  One of my first questions to Ms. Fancy was, what is all the hype about Pemberton’s Annual Fashion Show? Her response, which was generic, “We aren’t just a regular, normal, average, everyday fashion show.” However, it was her follow up response that kind of caught me off guard. “We are a fashion show, a hair show, a drag ball, a vogue ball all in one.” Now this is something you won’t hear on a normal basis at a public school event, referring to the drag & vogue statement. I actually found a liking of the fact that being your self is accepted in Pemberton Twp High School. With a lot of cyber bullying, and more homosexuals coming out of the closet, this event serves as a safe haven and an opportunity for students to show who they truly are. Nevertheless, that’s what we are all about at Knarley! Where our motto is “Where Its Kool to Be Yourself.” Chrishana serves as a Co-Captain for the annual fashion event, and her job is to “teach the other girls how to come out of their shells and become more confident in themselves.” The thrill of knowing that she is helping others is what drives, the four year participant of the fashion show. Chrishana was a prior girl who wasn’t the most confident participant. She stated in her freshman year, “I looked terrible,” but was given a second chance to audition. It was music by Beyonce playing in the background that propelled her confidence to gain a spot in the show.  I was eager to know how come such an aspiring person as Chrishana doesn’t have a prom date, Yet? She took a deep breath and stated, “Because it’s so difficult… especially when you’re as picky as I am.” It was interesting to learn that ‘looks’ isn’t the difficulties in her finding a date it was, “you know guys, they just be playing sometimes,” in a stuttering dishearten voice said Chrishana. When asked who is her ‘boy crush of Pemberton’ she replied with a pause then an unconvincing joyous laugh, “I don’t have one.” She did share with me her first kiss was at Helen A. Fort Middle School in the hallway. Chrishana quoted “It was the worst first kiss” because it didn’t mean anything to her. After High School Miss Fancy plans to go to Make-Up Designery in New York, which is known as a messiah for MAC make-up artist and a great place to network. She most definitely sees her self in the entertainment industry working on the runway as a model, make-up artist, instructor, or event organizer. With thoughts of visiting the fashion city of Miami where she can be “free” as she states, “I want to be free I don’t want to wear no clothes…” The aspiring model & make-up artist is very influenced by her grandmother. The originator from Texas has over 10 sisters and brothers and has installed a lot of morals into Chrishana. Growing up during segregation Chrishana’s grandmother has been through a lot and has joined the NAACP, and leads by example “building her own foundation” which is the reason “Im the way I am today” according to Ms Fancy. Learning all these great attribute about the Pemberton student I had to ask her, what is the most KNARLEY thing you have ever done. She took a while to figure out one, but she stated, “Doing a fashion show at Rutger-Camden” was the most KNARLEY thing she has ever done. Not the fashions show it self, but how she was a 16 year old stand out runway model amongst collegiate models. The very confident Fancy seemed to be caught off guard when asked, Do You Like Me Or Do You Like My Chain?” She took a very long breath, put her head down and said, “I like chains” with a blushing smile. When the 60K plus tweeter was asked about her views on twitter Chrishana replied, “no one is normal on twitter!” However, she followed up by saying, “Its like an open diary somewhere where I can just relieve all my thoughts, so I can just remain sane.” Next when asked about her view on ‘twatchers” she gave an elaborate story that we will keep on the hush. Just know she has been become very popular from her twitter account. After myself was ‘twatching’ the twitter famous Chrishana, prior to us meeting, I had observed a tweet that stood out on her profile.  She posted, “wit so much negativity being broadcasted all over you don’t realize the positivity in our generation.” When asked to elaborate on that post, Chrishana went on to express the small successes that many young adults have, and are doing great in regular life. However the negative action of her peers is what the media focuses on. This way of thinking alone gears me to believe she is a special person and walks as a role model for her classmates and young adults everywhere.  Chrishana then stated it was, “nice, someone recognizes my kindness,” and “I felt so happy!” In response to me asking how it made her feel for me to say she was a role model at the age of 17. Miss Chrishana describes herself in five words using FANCY as an acronym which stands for fashion, art, natural, creativity, yourself. Fancy says, “Don’t be scared to do anything!” That was her advice for anyone pursuing a career in fashion. You can find Miss Chrishana Fancy on twitter, instagram, eyeam.com, and facebook @ChrishanaFANCY (all twatchers are welcome).  When asked about any shout outs this what Chrishana responded,” I’d like to shout out my Fastlife Family, specifically Dre Carter his mixtape just came out, Threat and Zaid. Three inspirational young talented men I love with all my heart. Shout out to ATM, they have a dope clothing line coming soon to the public. I’d also like to shout out all of my beautiful sisters, my parents, my supporters, anyone that’s ever helped me with my goals, and last but not least my beautiful Grandmother who motivates everyday to do what I gotta do. And the Knarley Krew of course.”
As we say at KNARLEY, I’m So, I’m So…….  KNARLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment